I went to the Alabama vs. Mississippi State game at Bryant Denny Stadium last weekend and had an absolute blast! It was a night game and the weather was cold for Alabama. I learned how to dress for cold weather when I lived in Chicago, so I was comfortable. It's an excuse to accessorize, so I put on a thick coat, my houndstooth scarf and hat and my new leather gloves. I actually really do love cold weather.
I haven't been to a game in a while, so the excitement made up for the slow start that Alabama made in the first half. I mean it was cold, and they didn't have all of my accessories! They got going when Javier Arenas made a big play before the half. The 1978 Championship team came onto the field at the half, including Marty Lyons who said one of my favorite Alabama quotes during the 1979 Championship game against Penn State. "You better pass", after the quarterback looked at the distance he had to move the ball to get it into the end zone (4th and inches).
After the half, they found their game. Arenas was on fire and the last touchdown of the game included two beautiful pass plays by John Parker Wilson. No "crooming" this year and Bama stays undefeated! Off this weekend, the cow college next weekend. Deadrick's "Revenge Tour" continues. What a great football season!



No comments:
Post a Comment