I am lost. That is not an exaggeration. I defended my thesis this past Wednesday. I took Thursday and Friday off. I really do not remember the last time I had an off day. I have had to work constantly for months. Even when I was sick a couple of months ago, I had to work for home. I haven't had a free weekend in two months. I have been working on my thesis research no matter what. And it was rough. Nothing went easy with this project. If it could break, it did. And no one was available to help fix it. Even when I fell and pulled every ligament and tendon in my elbow, no one was available to help me pick up my 50 pound die or hacksaw my material, or keep me from using it. That is o.k. though. I managed to finish.
For the past four days I have cleaned house, watched football, visited family that I have neglected and relaxed. It is really strange to sit and rest whenever I want. For the past two months especially, I have not allowed myself to stop and rest. Unless I went to bed to sleep, of course. If I had, I wouldn't have finished. I have noticed that I have felt quite jittery at times over the last few days. It's kind of hard to sit still when you are used to running constantly.
There are so many things that I wanted to blog about over the past six months. There was just no time. Maybe I'll go back and talk about them. Maybe I'll talk about completely new things. Who knows. It is just nice to know that I will be able to do whatever I choose now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment